To view the full meeting please visit our Youtube Page here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3pS9-uTiX4l7aEgciGEVSA
Meeting Highlights from the Clerk – 11/1/2023
William Gray spoke to the Town Board and made recommendations regarding the tools and guidance the Town should have in place prior to approving the Twin Ponds PUD and other PUDs.
Twin Ponds - Planned Unit Development (PUD) Request - Zone Change - N. Burdick St. (Tax Map # 086.-02-06.1 )
- The Town Board issued a negative declaration for SEQR purposes in the matter of the Twin Ponds District Plan and Proposed Amendments to the Zoning Map of the Town of Manlius.
- The Town Board adopted the Twin Ponds District Plan for the Twin Ponds PUD project for the parcel located at 5440 N. Burdick St.
- The Town Board adopted Local Law 2023-12 to change the zoning from R-5 to PUD for the parcel located at 5440 N. Burdick St.
Garden Park - Planned Unit Development (PUD) Request - Zone Change - Highbridge St. (Tax Map # 093.-01-05.1)
The matter was tabled until the November 15, 2023, Town Board meeting.
Continued Public Hearing - Local Law Amending Definitions Sections and RT Zoning for Cannabis
The Town Board discussed recommendations from the Onondaga County Planning Board and the Town Planning Board. The Town Board discussed proposed amendments to the draft law. The matter was tabled for further discussion and review at the November 15 Town Board meeting.
2024 Preliminary Budget
The Town Board gave a presentation on the 2024 Preliminary Budget. The 2024 preliminary town tax rate is 4.23% for Town Residents (Town Outside Villages) and 3.23% for Village Residents (Town Inside Village). The Town Board will review changes and adopt the budget at the November 15 Town Board meeting.
Peace Officer Hiring Incentive – Sign On Bonus
The Town Board approved the Town of Manlius Police Department Peace Officer Hiring Incentive program.
Community Solar – Solar Simplified
The Town Board discussed a Municipality Services Agreement with Solar Simplified for a twelve-month period for marketing services related to resident participation for a Community Solar Program for the Bowman Road Solar Project. The Town Board tabled this matter until the November 15, 2023 Town Board meeting for further discussion.
The Town Board approved an amended agreement with Edwards Landscaping in the amount of $1600 for the 2023 Fall Cleanup at Town Hall.
The Town Board approved the settlement of the tax certiorari case brought by Robert Germain for the parcel located at 7478 Northfield Lane and approve the refund of $414.98 for the costs related to filing as presented by the Town Assessor.
The Town Board approved the settlement of the tax certiorari case brought by 400 Clinton St. Fayetteville LLC, for the parcel located at 400 Clinton St. and approve the refund of $1438.91 for the costs related to filing as presented by the Town Assessor.
Return of Highway Securities
The Town Board authorized the release of the remaining 5% securities being held for 864 Ft of Strawmount Trail, 680 Ft of Quarterhorse Run and 975 Ft of Quarterhorse Run.
Highway Auction Results
The Town Board authorized the sale of the surplus highway items sold at Auctions International as presented by the Highway Superintendent.
- Councilor Kriesel stated that there will be a public meeting at Mott Road in the near future to discuss pedestrian safety.
- Councilor Italiano reported that Wicked Woods was a huge success with the largest number of cars since the start of the drive through program. It was also the largest quantity of food and monetary donations collected for Food Bank of Central New York.
- Councilor Nicholson reported that the Manlius Watershed Stewards held their first public event, and it was informative and well attended. Thanks to the Manlius Watershed Stewards and great volunteers several residents participated in the first annual Creekwalk behind town hall.
- Councilor Water reported that the Tree Commission had a successful tree planting at Wellwood Middle School.
Other matters were presented and discussed to learn more about those please visit our agenda center here: https://www.townofmanlius.org/AgendaCenter
To view the full meeting please visit our You Tube Page here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3pS9-uTiX4l7aEgciGEVSA