Sustainable Manlius is the Town of Manlius’s environmental group that is made up of community and board members. We are working to start the transition towards renewable energy, raise awareness of environmental issues, and promote sustainable public policy in the Town of Manlius. Sustainable Manlius meets virtually on the first Thursday of every month.
Sign up for our Mailing List and Follow Us on Social Media
301 Brooklea Drive, Fayetteville
Come to our Get Sustainable, Manlius! workshop to learn how clean heating and cooling or community solar can help you save money and lower your carbon footprint! Clean heating and cooling and solar experts will be there from 6:30 - 8 to answer your questions and help guide you in getting started!
300 Orchard St, Fayetteville
Bring a lawn chair and join us for an evening of music and environmental change. Learn about the Town of Manlius community campaign, Get Sustainable, Manlius!, and hear from non-profits like HeatSmart CNY. We will be having local organizations table so you can learn all about sustainability in the area while also attending a great performance!
(Rain Date Sunday, July 25, 2021 at 6PM)
Be Sustainable in Manlius
Practicing environmentally friendly habits can go a long way, and it doesn't require much effort. Learn about new routines and about key changes you can make to your daily life that can help the environment that are easy and fun.
Sustainable Manlius created a webinar series celebrating Earth Day to learn how we can help our environment while saving money.
To watch a webinar, click the title of the webinar you are interested below.
April 1, 2021 7PM - 8:30PM | Watch
April 8, 2021 7PM - 8:30PM | Watch
April 15, 2021 7PM - 8:30PM | Watch
April 22, 2021 7PM - 8:30PM | Watch
April 29, 2021 7PM - 8:30PM | Watch
The Town of Manlius is a designated NYSERDA Clean Energy Community.
- Benchmarking Resolution
- Converted street lights to energy efficient LED technology saving taxpayers money.
- The Town Board adopted the Unified Solar Permit on February 26, 2020.
- Train compliance code enforcement officer in energy code best practices
The Town of Manlius took the Climate Smart Community Pledge on April 22, 2020.
The Climate Smart Communities program has 100's of actions we can do to work toward becoming a certified Climate Smart Community. Take a look at all the actions at https://climatesmart.ny.gov/actions-certification/actions/ and let us know if you see any actions you would like the town to look into.
- PE2 Action: Government Operations Greenhouse Gases Inventory
- PE2 Action: Community Greenhouse Gases Inventory
- View the Town of Manlius Community GHG Inventory (pdf) complied by the Central New York Regional Planning and Development Board
- PE8 Action: Buy Local/Buy Green Campaign
- The Town of Manlius is supporting the Greater Manlius Chamber Buy Local #ShopGreaterManlius campaign going on right now. Sustainable Manlius will be supporting this campaign by highlighting how buying local can be a green choice.
Town of Manlius Electric Vehicle Survey
The Manlius Town Board partnered with Ingrid Gonzalez-McCurdy, a graduate student from Syracuse University’s Maxwell School, for her research project centered around electric vehicles. Thank you for sharing your thoughts by April 22, 2020 about electric-powered vehicles by taking a survey. Below is Ingrid Gonzalez-McCurdy's final report.
Final Report: Landscape Survey of Electric Vehicles for Town of Manlius