May 16th Ridgeview Subdivision - Cornflower, Crossgate, Maize
May 10th Barberry, Briarwood, Dogwood, Red Pine & Tanglewood
Depending on the weather and contractor availability, we anticipate the roadwork will begin on the date listed. Inclement weather will delay roadwork.
- You can expect rough and uneven driving surfaces.
- The new surface will not match your driveway until the top coat is in place.
- We ask that you avoid parking on the street Monday—Friday during daylight hours while this work is in progress.
- School buses and emergency services will be able to reach your home at all times.
- The Highway Department coordinates roadwork activities with Syracuse Haulers so as to not interrupt your trash and brush services. Have your garbage and yard debris (if applicable) curbside by 6:00 a.m.
- Mailboxes that are damaged or need to be removed to accommodate operations will be restored upon completion of the job.
- Safety is always the top priority. You can assist by observing traffic markers, obeying the flagmen, traveling slower, and allowing extra time.
Please contact the highway department at 315-656-3090 if you have additional questions or concerns.
Yard Debris Drop-Off
The Town Highway Department gates are now locked for yard debris drop-off after our business hours and on weekends. The gate will not be open evenings or weekends as in the past. However, free mulch will still be available 7 days a week. Please plan your visit to the mulch pile in daylight hours.
There is no charge to the Town of Manlius residents for this service.
Residents only may bring their brush and tree parts to the Highway Department Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. If you cannot get here during these hours, OCRRA Jamesville and Amboy sites are open on Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., April 2 to November 30, and will be happy to accept your yard waste at a small fee. In return for this fee, they will provide you with mulch or compost.
It is the highway department’s responsibility to maintain catch basins, culverts, pipes, and ditches on town owned roads. Please call our office and leave a message of any drainage issues that you might feel lie in these areas so that we can look at your property and address your concern.
Roadside Mowing & Street Sweeping
- Roadside mowing begins around the middle of May when the grass begins growing, and continues throughout the warmer months as needed. Please be courteous and allow them plenty of room to insure both yours and the operator’s safety.
- We try to begin street sweeping as soon as possible at the end of the plow season. Usually your street will be swept a minimum of two times during the warmer months. Once again, please be sure to give the equipment lots of room as their visibility is limited.
We will remove dead deer on our Town roads only. For dead animals on a State or County road, please refer your call to them.
You are welcome to call our office at 315-656-3090 and leave a message with our highway secretary with any questions or concerns regarding our town roads.