Zoning Board of Appeals

The powers of the ZBA are established by state law, which establish the ZBA as an appellate board who can review the application of a person who has applied to the Code Enforcement Officer for a zoning permit and such permit was denied. An "aggrieved" citizen can also appeal the decision of the Code Enforcement Officer where a permit was granted. In both instances, the ZBA is the first level of appeal from the decision of the Code Enforcement Officer.

Meetings & Deadlines

The 3rd Thursday of every month at 6:30 PM. All Filing deadlines are due by 12:00 PM on the filing date. Filing dates are subject to change.
 Meeting Dates Filing Dates
 January 20, 2022 December 31, 2022
February 17, 2022 January 31, 2022
March 17, 2022 February 28, 2022
April 21, 2022 March 31. 2022
May 19, 2022 April 29, 2022
 June 16, 2022 May 31, 2022
July 21, 2022 July 1, 2022
August 18, 2022 July 29, 2022
September 15, 2022 August 29, 2022
October 20, 2022 October 3, 2022
November 17, 2022 October 31, 2022
December 15, 2000 November 28, 2022

Agendas & Minutes

Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.

View Most Recent Agendas & Minutes


Zonin​g B​oard of Appeals Application

  • The zoning board application will be given to you when the Code Enforcement Officer denies your building permit.
  • Please note you must submit the zoning board application, survey, denial of building permit signed by the Code Enforcement Officer and supporting documentation as outlined in the application instructions in order to complete this application​. If you have any questions please ask.
  • The fee is $100


The ZBA can hear 2 types of appeals, those for an interpretation and those for a variance to the Zoning Ordinances.


An interpretation is a determination by the ZBA as to the meaning of a provision of the Zoning Ordinance.


There are 2 types of variances, area variances and use variances. An area variance is a variance dealing with dimensional issues such as setbacks from property lines, building heights, and bulk requirements. A use variance is a variance that allows a use not otherwise permitted on the property by the Zoning Ordinance. The applicant must provide proof to the ZBA to be entitled to a variance.

ZBA Members

Members are appointed for a five year term by the Town Board. The Chairperson is appointed each year for a one year term.

Tim Kelly - Chair
Term Ends Dec. 2024
Karrie Catalino
Term Ends Dec. 2026
Warren Linhart
Term Ends Dec. 2022
Jamie Sutphen
 KP Kelly
Term Ends Dec. 2023
Debi Witzel
Zoning Board Clerk
 Clare Miller
Term Ends Dec. 2025

For more information, call or email Debi Witzel at 315-637-3521.